Monday, March 30, 2015

Shopping Organic and GMO Free

As I sit here preparing my monthly shopping list, I started looking into the products that I was purchasing. I do most of my shopping at my local Safeway. I have been trying to purchase organic and more healthy options for my family but then I question, what is really organic and GMO free. I know that organic food there is a loop hole that allows organic farmers to use certain herbicides and pesticides and I found out recently that Monsanto has purchased a few of the previously deemed organic food companies. The thing is, that even a Monsanto seed can be grown organically. So what are you really buying at the store? Through my research I have found a current list of products in a Excel file that shows the product name, brand name and whether it is organic or not. This was obtained from the Non-GMO project and was updated on 3/16/2015.

Because I do most of my grocery shopping at Safeway, I found their GMO statement which states that all of their O Organics line is GMO free as well as their Open Nature line. Their Lucerne Dairy line is rBST free!

This blog post is short and sweet. I just wanted to share this awesome information with you all. Now back to April Grocery Planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment